Electrochemical multi-biosensor platform for COVID-19 detection and disease management
National Chiao Tung University
Our project uses two core technologies, including the semiconductor manufacturing methods and the special biomaterial to make biosensors with high quality of reproducibility, accuracy and stability, which meets the international criteria of massive production and certificate. Based on the core technologies, our team developed three kinds of COVID-19 biosensors used for viral protein, nucleotide and antibody detection. The three markers indicate the infectivity, severity and immunity of patients, which can help hospitals make precise management to each patient, realizing the goal of the precision medicine. Moreover, our team used electrochemical method to develop a convenient and fast-to-use detection machine. The detection machine can deliver the report to the medical personnel in real time and everywhere. We hope this system can not only enhance the efficiency of disease management but also reduce the infectious risk and the burden of the medical personnel.
Epidemic Prevention Advantage：
1. Our biosesnor is the first in the world, providing viral protein, antibody and nucleotide detection at the same time. The three markers indicate the infectivity, severity and immunity of patient, which can help the medical institute realize the goal of precision medicine and reduce the burden of medical resources.
2. The three kinds of biosensors have properties of high sensitivity (viral protein detection: 1 pg/mL, viral nucleotide detection: 1 fM, and viral antibody detection: 1 pg/mL), low sample volume requirement (only need 20 μL) and fast detection time (only need 10 min.).
3. Our biosensors have high quality of reproducibility (>96%), accuracy (>93%) and stability (>94%), which overcome the challenges of current electrochemical biosensors and meet the criteria of CLSI. Therefore, we are the first in the world, realizing the mass production of electrochemical biochips.
4. Our analysis method is electrochemical impedance spectroscopy (EIS), which can reduce the interference of clinical samples with complex matrix. Therefore, our system can detect the whole blood samples directly, which can't be detected in current electrochemical sensors (commonly current analysis method is easily interfered by matrix effects).
5. Our biosensor is an easily developing platform. For different target, we only change the biomolecule immobilized on chips and then we can complete a new biosensor development in only one week. Therefore, our platform can develop new chips for new target in the shortest time if there is novel virus to enhance the efficiency of epidemic prevention.
Collaboration Options：R&D cooperation, Investment cooperation, CRO/CMO/CDMO/OEM/ODM commission service